This wellknown Singapore drink, thoroughly iced and shaken, contains:
2 dashes of Orange Bitters.
2 dashes of Angostura Bitters.
The juice of half a lemon.
1/8 gill of Bénédictine.
1/8 gill of Dry Cherry Brandy*
1/2 gill of Gin
Pour into a Tumbler and fill up with cold Soda Water
* Damit wird Kirsch Wasser gemeint sein. Fälschlicher Weise oft auch Kirsch Likör.
Siehe auch: The Origins of the Singapure Sling von Ted Haigh
do you know that -
- Aquadiente is a Mexican liquer made from the Maquey aloe. Pulque Wine is made from the Same
- Cachiry, from Guiana, is made of sweet potatoes and the Paya is very simular to it.
- Cha is a chinese fermented beverage made from the sap of the palm tree
- Dog's Nose is a glass of ale with a dash of gin. It is a popular sailors drink in the British Navy
- Finkel is a spirit like gin, but made from potatoes, of wich the Norwegians are very fond. There is a still for making it on every little farm. The Norwegians also produce Homeburn or H.B. from distilled sugar and fermented yeast.
- Guignolet de Bourguignon is a kind of cherry brandy mad from guigne (a small black cherry). It is a well-known liqeur in Dijon district.
- Secrestat is a famous french bitter. The Bitter Francais, the Amer Picon, the Italian Fernet Branca, and the Dutch Boonekamp are very similar to it.