Barrel aged Cocktails: First batches of "Int. Padovani Cocktail" & Negroni at THE TASTING ROOM
|"Clear Water - after 60 hours aging"|
My first drink I like to barrel age, finally it was created in this bar, is the PADOVANI Cocktail. A Mixture of Scotch Whisky and St. Germain. For this drink we use 50 ml Malt/Scotch and 20 ml St. Germain, stirred, served on solid ice rock. So, I was thinking about, which Whisky I should buy? And finally, walking in my storage room doing my orders, I came up with the Idea to mix my own blend. Ladies and Gentleman, from today on, the IINTERNATIONAL BARREL AGED PADOVANI is resting in a barrel of THE TASTING ROOM. This is my mix:
THE INTERNATIONAL BARREL AGED PADOVANI COCKTAIL
- 1400 ml Nikka ALL MALT
- 1400 ml Bell's blended Scotch 12 Years
- 1400 ml Johnyn Walker Black Label Limited Edition 2009
- 1400 ml Clynelish - Destilelrs Edition
- 1000 ml Bushmills Malt
- 1400 ml Distillery Edition Glenfiddich 15 Years - 51 Vol%
- 1400 ml Solera 15 Years Glenfiddich
- 1400 ml Old Canada
- 700 ml peated Cask Strength Connemara
- 300 ml Glenmorangie Finealta
- 4200 ml St. Germain.
The other 14 liters I put in barrel No. 1
THE BARREL AGED NEGRONI
- 2000 ml Finsbury 60 % Vol.
- 3000 ml Finsbury Platinum 47 % Vol
- 4900 ml Gran Classico Bitter
- 4900 ml Noilly Prat Rouge
- 1400 ml of the secret Ingredients 38% Vol.
2 Liter also by side as a reference, rest in barrel no. 2. So, I set this barrels up this morning and now it is time to wait. I think my first "Tasting" will be on Thursday. Jeffrey Morgenthaler said, that there is a magic moment after 5 to 6 weeks when it is the perfect age. But, as I use new barrels, I am quite not sure how this will work out. To be continued...