1939 La Florida Cocktailbook, Club de Cantineros, "Constante" Constantin Ribalguita Vert
Dear Cocktail Lovers,
I uploaded a book I really like to scridb:1939 La Florida Cocktail Book Havana Cuba
Don't forget to Download it at scribd!
As fare as I know it is called:
La Florida - named after the great and world famous Bar now known as La Floridita.
I have a few questions, maybe someone can answer:
- As fare as I can see, their is now Year on this book. Some origins say it is 1934 - some say it is 1939. Any Informations about that?
- Who wrote this book? In the Foreword someone is writing with the Signature of „L.F.M.“ - An Ideas?
- The book names a few brands like Bacardi, Gordons, Noilly Prat, Martini (funny think - thats the today portfolio of Bacardi Germany ...) and on the other side some are just called Curacao etc. What do you think? Is this book „bought“ - it also has lots of advertisement in it - or are this the brand, the bartender thinks it is best choice?
- Is it correct that Havana Club was a small, unknown brand and this time? does it even exist?
- The book mentioned of of the greatest persons behind a bar: Constantin Ribalguita Vert, known as Constante. As far as I know, he also belongs to one of the greatest Bartender Organisation of the past - The Brotherhood of Cantineros - the Club de Cantineros. Would you be so kind to share all your knowledge about Constante and the Club the Cantineros here?
A few years ago in havana I found some old monthly magazines from this organisation called „Coctel“. I also found the 25 years of Club de Cantineros book. It is in spain, and really hugh with hundreds of pictures of member etc.
I also like to scan this and load them up here - but can you recommend a scanning service ? ITs is getting a little bit to much work here...
Thanks for any help. Can‘t wait to here your knowledge.
For the Discussion, PLEASE, walk over to the great Chanticleer Society